Injuries and property damage sustained during semi-truck accidents can be severe. Unfortunately, pursuing compensation for damages after these types of accidents can be complicated. For instance, there may be multiple parties who can be held liable for the accident, such as the driver or employer. If you or a loved one has been injured as a result of a truck accident, it is advised you speak with an attorney who is experienced in Florida law as soon as possible.
Following a truck accident, the trucking company and insurance company usually begin an investigation to determine fault. This can include an investigation of the vehicles involved and the scene of the accident, as well as a review of on-board recording equipment. Make no mistake, these investigations are often performed in an attempt to minimize the damages and deflect fault from the trucking company. For this reason, it is imperative to seek the help of a dedicated truck accident attorney to establish negligence for your case.
Examples of Negligence
- Failure to obey traffic laws
- Avoidance of weigh station
- Driving without mandatory breaks (Hours of Service violations)
- Operating the truck in areas too small for proper navigation
- Failure to notice other vehicles due to blind spots
- Lack of driver experience
- Establishing Negligence
As the trucking company and their insurance company launch their investigation, so will your attorney. This can include, but is not limited to:
- Thorough review of any street camera footage and/or on-board recording device data
- Eyewitness interviews
- Review of police and accident reports
- Thorough review of injuries and medical reports
- Consult with experts in an effort to reconstruct the events leading up to the accident as accurately as possible
In any event, your lawyer can help you secure compensation for property damage, bodily harm, future medical care, lost wages and emotional distress. For more information, please contact the law offices of DDB Law. Their dedicated and knowledgeable staff is available to answer any questions you may have regarding filing a personal injury lawsuit after an accident.